Friday, March 27, 2009

My Guest Posts

I've been remiss in not directing folks to Rebecca's lovely blog Piano Teacher's Retreat! She has a great post up right now about using flashcards.

She also has a couple of guest posts by me! I wrote about working with gifted students in two posts here and here. Training for public school teachers is often insufficient in the area of working with the gifted child, and training for piano teachers often never addresses this issue! Yet, many of the students I teach have been labelled as gifted at school, and I'll bet that's true for other piano teachers, too. These students are usually a joy to teach. But, one particular type of gifted child can be a real challenge. I call that kind a GTOF student - gifted and terrified of failure. Hope you'll check out those articles and the rest of Rebecca's blog.

No comments: