Thursday, May 7, 2009

Funnies From This Week's Lessons

Some of my students have been creating presents for their mothers using the Mother’s Day composition sheet that Susan Paradis posted a few days back. One of my girls put the finishing touches on her piece yesterday, and we were talking about how she could present it to her mom. She said, “I could photocopy it and…”

I stopped her. “Do you have a color copier? The pink border is so pretty.”

“Oh, that’s right. Our copier is black and white. I guess that would be more appropriate for a Goth mom.”

(Turns out that one of her friends really has a Goth mom. Yikes!)

Another student started work yesterday on a sonatina with an Alberti bass. I talked a little about balance between the hands – letting the RH sing out and keeping the LH quiet. “I got it,” she said. “The RH is The Diva and the LH is her shy boyfriend, Albert.”

No comments: