Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bachtrack: A Great Classical Music Resource

Through the magic of Twitter, I’ve discovered a site that I hope will continue to grow. If you haven’t been there already, do check out bachtrack, a site from the UK with big ambitions.

From their "about" page:

We intend to be the definitive site that brings together every aspect of classical music into a single place. As well as listings and search facilities for concerts, recordings, radio stations and services of all sorts, we will have news and features on all sorts of subjects, from getting babies interested in music, through sites for young children, ways to involve teenagers, to helping people of all ages find out about classical music without feeling patronised.

This is no small undertaking, but I’m impressed with the resources on the site. I was quite happy to see a listing in the directory for The Harry Jacobs Chamber Society from my own fair city of Augusta. I might add that they were the only organization listed in the whole state of Georgia, so all the rest of you need to get busy and catch up by adding your listings and events!



No comments: