Saturday, August 21, 2010

Alert! Don't Toss The Catalog!

My studio's fall term starts Monday! Today, I'm up to my eyeballs in the studio sorting through stacks of music and paper so that I'll have a relatively organized room by Monday. In one of the stacks on my desk, I turned up something that I normally throw away without even opening - a 2010 catalog for the Faber Piano Adventures series. I like the Faber series very much, but I can see the collection online, and a paper catalog takes up unnecessary space. As I picked it up, I noticed that the cover referred to "tips for teaching" and "pedagogy articles." So I flipped through, and am I glad I did! I found 16 pages worth of super pedagogy articles right in the catalog. It's like a Faber workshop, without having to drive anywhere. So, if you're like me and you toss the catalogs, take a minute and flip through this one. Good stuff.

Now, back to sorting through the chaos...

1 comment:

Q88keys said...

Love that catalog! It's more like a teacher handbook. I expect other publishers to copy the Fabers idea (again, sigh)