Thursday, July 7, 2011

Studio Theme for Fall

We enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing trip to my parents' house for the 4th of July, and I had a chance to do some musical crafting. I made a set of Joy's AlphaGems! I'm looking forward to using these, and they helped to inspire my theme and incentive program for fall. I'll be calling them "diamonds."


These "gold nuggets" with a musical twist from Sheryl Welles will fit right in, too.

This fabric that I ordered to cover my bulletin board is a big hint!


We'll be Finding Buried Treasure next year! Stay tuned for more details.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait for more details! I did a pirate theme over the summer a few years back. Each kid had a ship that sailed the seas to find the lost treasure, and at the end we had a party complete with buried treasure. It was a lot of fun :)

LOVE the fabric, by the way! Where'd you get it?

Laura Lowe said...

Thanks for your comment, Sarah! I found the fabric at etsy. The seller is selling it off one yard at a time, and she has more!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/69515119/cotton-fabric-pirate-treasure-map

Sarah said...

Saying she has more is an understatement! I love all the options! It got my mind spinning with all kinds of great ideas :)

Jeana Beasley said...

I am also doing a pirate theme incentive this year. I would love to hear more of your ideas. You can see some of my ideas at http://singanewsongmusic.blogspot.com/