|Photo by J.A.Holland|
I've learned that I have to give students boundaries when they come into my home, and I have to teach them how to interact with me. This job is a lot easier when I'm reiterating what the student has already learned from the parents. You can help your child feel more confident and help me be a more successful teacher by emphasizing just five important behaviors.
Etiquette For Piano Students
1. Whether lessons take place in a home or a business setting, students should be respectful of the equipment and objects in the room and ask permission before touching.
2. Students should not bring food and drink to the lesson.
3. Students should ask permission before going into other rooms of the home or business.
4. Students should not interrupt others' conversations unless there is an emergency that needs to be attended to, and when interrupting should say, "Excuse me."
5. Students should listen respectfully to the teacher and try their best to follow instructions with a positive, can-do attitude.
Thanks in advance for your support!