Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Countdown to Piano Boot Camp: Special Ops!


Are you looking for something a little different to do with your piano students this summer? Are many of your students 10 years or older, and therefore, not as interested in the types of summer camp games and activities that excited them in previous years?  I hope you'll check out Piano Boot Camp:  Special Ops!  It's available in my Etsy shop right now! (And you can enter a giveaway for a free copy here!)


Meet Max, my Procrastination Puppy! (Clearly, my artistic abilities do not extend to drawing.) Max is a great, fun pet, but he doesn't get to run my day. I'm the owner, and I'm in charge. Your students can draw, name, and discuss their own Procrastination Puppies in Special Ops! (In fact, my students drew some pretty great-looking puppies last year.) This program has been field-tested, and was a great success with my tween and young teen students! Max is featured in one of the "mental strength" activities included in the camp curriculum. Other activities include Physical Training (P.T. exercises to start every camp session - this is Boot Camp, after all!), Practicing Strategies, and Stealth Reader Training.

Piano Boot Camp:  Special Ops is designed to work with 2-4 students at a time (approximate ages 9-15) for five 90 minute camp sessions with only one piano.  I did the camp last year as partner lessons with my students. When you download the PDF files from my Etsy store, you'll receive a 20+ page teacher's guide with all of the lesson plans for 5 camp sessions and a 20+ page student workbook that you can duplicate for all of the students in your studio. Before my music degrees, I majored in English and secondary ed. and I still have an active certification to teach grades 6-12. This knowledge and my former classroom experience helped me make this a content-heavy, well-planned program. To learn more about Piano Boot Camp:  Special Ops,  read yesterday's post and be sure to enter the giveaway! From April 18-25th, Piano Boot Camp will be offered at a special price of $25. This is a great deal for over 40 pages of material and the license to reprint the student book for all of your students!



No comments: