Saturday, April 23, 2016

I'm Back...Plus Shakespeare!

Photo by Priscila Guimaraes is licensed by Creative Commons license CC BY-SA 2.0.

Dear readers, I am happy to report that my English teacher hat is back on the shelf and my piano teacher hat is back on my head. For those of you just checking in, I've been AWOL while I stepped in to teach 7th and 8th grade English at my daughter's school for a solid 5 months as a long-term sub. Wow, has education ever changed since I last taught school 1990! I was challenged to adapt to a digital learning environment. I used a Smartboard, posted handouts and homework assignments and even YouTube videos to a class webpage, and I graded things like film documentaries. Aside from the technology, I was also challenged to adapt to a more collaborative learning experience. In all of these things, I found both benefits and drawbacks, but suffice it to say that some of the decorations on that English teacher hat are now decorating my piano teacher hat. Expect some changes to the blog and some new posts soon.

As both a musician and a lover of literature, I can't resist posting this fun little song today on the anniversary of Shakespeare's death. Enjoy!





No comments: