Thursday, December 3, 2020

Footrest Solutions For Piano Students


I have a new video up on my Youtube channel, and as promised, it's all about footrests for piano students. I consider a footrest to be essential equipment, just as I do an adjustable bench. Students whose feet don't reach the floor will tire out and succumb to frustration more quickly. They will practice longer and with a better hand position if some of their weight can be transferred to their feet on a stool rather than having to support themselves totally with their ab muscles. Check out my video for the solutions I've used over the years to support students' feet, and for a review of the Ideal Piano Footrest which I recently purchased. 

Update:  the Ideal Piano Footrest folks, Barb and Scott, send me a solution for the collapsing problem, and it does indeed work pretty well. I will update the video soon.

I hope you'll subscribe to my Youtube channel!

No comments: