Monday, October 31, 2016

New Christmas Sheet Music - He Is Born

Why, yes, I do realize that today is Halloween! I also know that musicians everywhere are already working on Christmas music. If you need an intermediate level Christmas arrangement for solo piano, I hope you'll check out my latest upload to Sheet Music Plus Press - "He Is Born." I did some product testing last week by playing it for all of my students and my worst critic of all, my 14-year-old daughter. It's got a 100% approval rating! I'm a no frills kind of girl, so there's no cover art or illustrations. Just an appealing, pedagogically rich arrangement. Teaching opportunities in this piece include:
     Alberti bass
     octave changes
     grace notes
     descending scales over primary chords
     mordent
     trill
     variations on a melody
     melody embedded in figuration
     light thumb
     frequent dynamic changes
     terraced dynamics



I needed to make an mp3 recording to upload to SMP, and this sound file is not just low budget but no budget! It will give you a chance to hear it before purchase, though. Maybe if I write a bunch more of these and sell them, I can improve my no budget recording situation! 



Thanks for checking out "He Is Born." I also have a late intermediate arrangement of "Jesus Loves Me" and a LH alone arrangement of "The First Noel" in case you have a student with a RH injury at Christmas. Bookmark my publisher page for more titles coming soon.

No comments: